Pages

R.I.P Elizabeth

ADS


I am embarrassed to admit that I have never seen a Elizabeth Taylor film all the way through. I thought I had, I have seen so many clips of her on the screen that I sort of convinced myself I have seen certain movies that I have not. (The Flintstones of course does not count!).

I was still saddened by her death yesterday. My mother was a huge fan and I remember her sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee and smoking when I was kid, talking to a friend about something or other in Taylor's personal life. I have followed Taylor through television, tv movies like North & South, Sweet Bird Of Youth and on shows like Hotel and Bob Hope Specials, saw her interview on everyone from Oprah through Larry King. Most importantly saw her front and center leading the fight against AIDS even before I really completely understood what AIDS Was. A true star (although I don't agree as many are saying the last one).

She gave so much and really seemed to enjoy being a celebrity and knew how to have fun with it. The one good thing about never having really seen a Taylor film is that I have so many in front of me. Today I ordered Butterfield 8 (1960) and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966) (for which she won her two Oscars) from Amazon. Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

ADS
 

Most Reading