Pages

Mark Remaly by John M Clum

ADS


Although I didn't know it when FH began, I think one of the reasons I began the blog was not just to feature the creativity of others but as importantly I have learned, to channel my own. Stories have always played a large part of my life, reading them, telling them and sharing them. I try when time allows (which is getting harder and harder) to tell a story with many of the profiles that I put together. Although the degree of success has been mixed it has been my goal to say something about an artist, an actor, a model, an image that maybe has you view it just a little differently.



Last fall when I contacted photographer John M Clum it was initially to get his support to showcase his work with model Brock Chapman. (An Ealaíontóir: Brock Chapman by John M. Clum) There is something quite special about Brock and his career seems to be really be taking off.

The profile of John's work with Brock also was one of my favorite 'stories' to put together. Seeing Brock's shots were hot from the start, but after learning and subsequently sharing the factors that drive John's creativity his images taken on an additional layer of enjoyment. I knew then that I wanted to make John's work a regular part of FH.



When deciding on which model John has shot to focus on next the choice was not a difficult one. Model Mark Remaly is originally from Bloomsburg, PA and now lives in Washington DC. Mark is also an actor and appeared in the 2008 horror flick Frat House Massacre. Mark has a great body, a beautiful expressive face. The fact Mark is a red head did not hurt. I have an affinity for red heads which I talk a bit about HERE: It was Mark's hair color that first inspired John as well.

'Autumn had me thinking about doing a shoot with a red head and then along came Mark. I was infatuated with the color of his hair in combination with his light complexion. On top of all that a stunning physique. I don't often get to work with red heads so I love it when I get the chance. When I saw him in the orange Aussie Bums he brought, the shots all came together around his hair color. I placed the warm lights below making the briefs glow like embers while his light complexion reflected the cool light from above giving the shot a sense of sky. Mark was the perfect model for an autumn shoot.'



You can see more of Mark's portfolio on his Model Mayhem page HERE:

Also check out John's Fine Line Fine Art site HERE:





Cutis et Ossa

'My photography is filtered through the eyes of a painter; looking for the story in the moment at hand whether it be imagined or real. In the process I document the endless variations of the male body type, so many that there truly is no specific standard or type except for that which is imposed on us by popular culture. I explore the many variations and their unique qualities and beauty through my art. Some of the most beautiful men will be found around the next corner where you least expect to find them. I capture images of men that will span body structure and physical manifestations of form, frailty, variation, infirmity, strength, power, beauty, arousal and the exotic or any combination thereof.'
John M. Clum 2010


Above: Orion the Hunter... born of the earth as a result of Zeus, Hermes and Poseidon masturbate into a bulls hide and bury it in the earth where Hyrieus digs up the bull hide with Orion in it and raises him as his son. His unfortunate death happened when Apollo tricked his sister Hyrieus who loved Orion into shooting him in the head with an arrow while he was swimming.

Last fall John began a new site as another way to showcase his creativity. Cutis et Ossa (Skin and Bone) is a blog featuring some of John's fantasy photo edits. Check out more HERE:

'There are endless variations of the male body type, so many that there truly is no specific standard or type except for that which is imposed on us by popular culture. I try to explore the many variations and their unique qualities and beauty through my art. Some of the most beautiful men will be found around the next corner where you least expect to find them. I will present images of men that will span body structure and physical manifestations of form, frailty, variation, infirmity, strength, power, beauty, arousal and the exotic or any combination thereof.'
ADS
 

Most Reading