Pages

힘 Ocho Kwon by Marlen Boro

ADS
승리
Ocho Kwon
The Gentlemen of Marlen Boro



Breaking stereotypes is always a battle. America for some reason seems to be a country who hold on to prejudice. and corresponding stereotypes, more tightly than others. In 2011 stereotypes about everything, a handicap, your sex or sexual orientation or your race are still pulled out by uncreative writers in the media and ignorant individuals within our society. With highly populated groups such as women, African Americans and gays still fighting for equality for in some cases basic rights, what are smaller groups to do...




21 year old Ocho Kwon from Minnesota has found that for him, the way to deal with stereotypes is to challenge them with actions. Instead of complaining, Ocho chooses instead to live his life in a way which proof no one group can shoved under the same umbrella.

'Stereotypes have definitely impacted my 'work.' Stereotypically, Asians = textbooks, computer games, scrawny. Lemme tell you something, i hate reading, I have a short ass attention span only when in class, I don't play computer games except for like Call Of Duty on xbox (which is entirely a white peoples game and game system), and if you haven't noticed, I'm hella NOT scrawny. I've also never played Starcraft ever in my entire life. its not that I don't appreciate my people haha, but i pick my own shit. I've experienced two different cultures and instead of leaning towards one more than the other, I have found the happy medium, great success.'
Ocho Kwon

If you picked up the sarcasms in the above quote than you can see humor also plays a major role in not just how Ocho deals with stereotypes but in addition how he responds to lives challenges in general. Humor is a also something Ocho says connected him to Marlen Boro. Ocho says they are both laid back with a similar way of looking, and laughing at the world.




'I want to do this for myself. If the industry likes fit physiques, sweet, because I like the challenge of pushing myself physically. Growing up playing sports and competing at the college level for soccer has taught me how to use my discipline to reach my physical and mental goals. Pushing myself for everything related to this particular industry is just another happy excuse for me to go to the gym so its a win-win. Y only live once, might as well test what something like this could be for me. Gonna hit it with an open mind, a positive attitude, and have some fun.'




'Working with Marlen is sweet. The shoots are efficient and it doesn't feel like work. He doesn't bombard me with ridiculous commands and stuff am not comfortable with. Winning!'

You can check out Ocho on Model Mayhem HERE:



'More so than most models I work with, Ocho has a vision of the image he wants to capture. If it weren't for his awesome sense of humor, he'd probably be a pain in the ass to work with!'
Marlen Boro

MarlenBoro.com is moving to a new server - faster load times - fewer error messages. In the meantime you can join Marlen on Facebook which he updates with new work on almost a daily basis!







ADS
 

Most Reading