Pages

Scott Alin by Joem Bayawa

ADS
From February 2011:


Last year I had the pleasure of being introduced to the work of Chicago's Joem Bayawa from Hulagway Photography (Hulagway is a Filipino vernacular word that means pictures). In my first post showcasing his work with model John Stan (HERE:) I was struck by the passion and care Joem puts into his work. Joem does not just work with models, he works for them.

'Besides taking incredible pictures, Joem is an amazing support with and to his models. Joem is not someone looking to use models to simply further his goals, he works together with them to support them in reaching their dreams as well.'



As with John Stan, Scott Alin echos the support he has received from Joem.

'Joem Bayawa was the first one to help expose me to the industry and he’s been a constant source of inspiration. As my photographer and friend, Joem is always working to push my career further with a degree of trust that is hard enough to find these days, let alone in the modeling world. His friendly yet professional attitude makes working with him a genuine pleasure and he’s always honest about the best way to represent you. I would recommend him completely, and my repeated shoots with him are proof of that.'



Scott has a great look with a incredible body and face highlighted by his beautiful brown eyes. Scott stepped into the modeling world less than a year ago and says that it has been a pleasure to work with so many talented artists, photographers and other models.

'I don’t believe in taking the aesthetic side of life too seriously, but we’ve only got one shot here on this earth so you might as well try living it out in style.'



'While I do like to have fun working with others in the industry, I am professional about what I do and I expect the same courtesy in return. The relationship between model and photographer is supposed to be about collaborating to create a story in a moment, an image that breathes personality with more punch than reality. Every shoot is a new learning experience for me and I strive to combine your craft with my character to share a picture worth a thousand words.'





'My goal in life is to experience everything around me while I still have time and enjoy the journey with the best people I meet along the way. I am a writer by trade, an artist by nature and a risk-taker at heart—because you never know how great it is to be alive until you find new ways to almost lose it.'
Scott Alin



Thanks to Joem and Scott for sharing their impressive collaboration with FH!

See more of Joem's work on MM HERE:
Check out Scott's page on MM HERE:


ADS
 

Most Reading