Pages

Kudos to: Adele

ADS


I finally finished my DVR of the MTV video awards. Kudos to Adele for being just about the only one in the room who actually skillfully presented 'music'.



I loved many of the other performers but most came off like buffoons. Sorry Gaga, I am sure your message was heart felt but you try to hard sometimes. Katy Perry, the block on your head...fail! Sort of a sad try really. Beyonce...your so talented and maybe I should think your big 'reveal' was clever and found joy at your news. Instead I felt you just a little full of yourself. The news is good, but it is not like I am going to be named God Father. I am sure many LOVED the reveal and hubby's reaction. I felt it a bit manipulative and corny. The real emotion of the night came from Adele's powerful performance. I have listened to the song a hundred times by now and it still hit a bigger emotional note that Beyonce's lip-synching performance.



MTV has always been more about show than substance, but as long as they keep 'music' in the awards title it is nice a few performers actually produce some.



MTV is keeping a tight hold on their show, but here is Adele singing Someone Like You at the Brit Awards.



ADS
 

Most Reading