Pages

306 by Elliot London

ADS


Filmed in Chicago in 2009, the short film306 depicts a day in the life of a young man named Eric. Without a word of dialogue, but with an effective and beautiful score, director and writer Elliot London and writer Greg Phelan take their lead through a wide series of emotions. From his first waking moment in the safety of his bed, until his return to it, at the end of his day.



I really loved London`s film, firstly due to how visually beautiful it was shot. I As Eric, actor Brian Estel is an appealing and compelling actor who within the films relatively short 10 minutes grabs you tightly and takes you with him through his day.



My only issue with 306 was the ending. The ending was not so much a disappointment (although it may have been...), it was just that everything I read about the film (and sorry I am doing it here as well) pushed a twist ending. Even when I clicked on the Vimeo link I could not help but see the first comment mentioning the twist. The fact is, I did not really think it was much of a twist, it was sort of quiet and blended in quite nicely with the rest of the film. Pointing out a twist however only set up the ending to be a bit of a disappointment. Just enjoy 306 for what it is, a beautifully filmed 10 plus minutes of moments of Eric`s day.



306 on Vimeo
LondonFilms



"306" Short Gay Film from Elliot London on Vimeo.



ADS
 

Most Reading